Sometimes simply few small creative changes can yield an entire makeover: a fresh coat of paint, re-grouting tile, upgrading fixtures, refinishing tubs. Even adding a curved shower rod (which is a cost-effective $28) can make a little restroom feel bigger.
- Can I do the remodel myself?
Can you pass this test? If you’ve never held a sledgehammer, then the answer is no. A bathroom remodel is a serious, labor-intensive, ransack the room kind of endeavor. One wrong electrical or plumbing error can be catastrophic and cost you thousands of dollars in repair work.
- So, if I work with an expert, what should I search for in a contractor?
Search for online testimonials so you read accounts of individuals who can actually vouch for the quality of a business’s work. Need proof of insurance coverage (personal liability, worker’s compensation, and home damage protection), and a valid contractor’s license. You can also examine a business’s track record with trade groups.
- What are the advantages of a remodel?
If your remodel is for resale purposes, then keep it easy. When done right, bathroom remodel supply a few of the greatest resale returns as a home-improvement task. If the remodel is for the home you prepare to grow old in, then the sky’s the limit. Put in that whirlpool tub or fireplace you’ve always dreamed of.
- Do you have an “After” picture in mind?
The primary reason that homeowners overspend their remodel budget plan is because they lack a clear vision. Fortunately, most house improvement sites have virtual floor-planning tools that allow you to construct your entire bath, from certain sink faucets to toilet flanges, and keep a running tally of the task as you go. Or you can give us a call and we will give you a complete breakdown of your plan with costs and a timeline.
- If this is my only bathroom, exactly what do I do while the remodel is underway?
Most Myrtle Beach homes have more than one bathroom, but if that is not the case, now is a good time to get to know your next-door neighbors! If it is not really an alternative, maybe it is time to check out that gym membership or you can rent a portable toilet.
- Exactly what are my floor and wall alternatives?
The secret is moisture and heat-resiliency. Just say no to wallpaper (unless it’s a half-bath that’s rarely utilized) to avoid seeing it peel. And for the sake of peace of mind and mold, nix carpet.
For walls, use gloss or semi-gloss paint. Vinyl wall coverings accomplish the look of patterned paper but with none of the peeling potentials.
Varying from high-to-low end, here are a few floor choices:
- Natural tiles like marble, slate, limestone or
- Natural stone is stunning, classic, easy to clean, offers a huge range of designs, and will increase resale value. On the other hand, it is one of the more costly options at $50-$250 per square foot. Stone can also be slippery when damp. Natural wood is extremely vulnerable to water damage.
- Laminate flooring has the look of wood or stone, however, is less costly. Like natural wood, it prone to water damage.
- Ceramic or porcelain tile.
- Ceramic and porcelain tile are popular, budget-friendly options. There are thousands of style alternatives that are, rich, textured, and water-proof. Ceramic and porcelain tile typically runs $5-12 per square foot.
- What are my countertop choices? What other features should I consider?
Search for something visually pleasing, heat and scratch resistant.
- Natural stone (i.e. Granite and marble) is stunning but expensive. This material can also be high-maintenance.
- Artificial stones (i.e. Manufactured quartz, Formica, Silestone, Caesarstone, cultured marble). Synthetic stone provides feel and look of genuine granite at decreased cost. Synthetic stone, similar to natural stone, is high-maintenance and might need non-abrasive cleaners.
- Laminate or ceramic tile is the most budget-friendly alternative. Laminate tile can be found in endless colors and style choices.
- How long will the remodel take?
Anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, depending on unexpected roadblocks. Make sure to have all the materials you searching for selected beforehand. Do not wait to order when you start the bathroom remodel! A professional can give you an affordable time frame for completion as soon as your goals have actually been developed.
- Just how much will a bathroom remodel cost?
The average price variety for a restroom remodel is $2,750 to $20,000 with an average $9,249. It’s always clever to pad your budget with 10-20 % more money for unanticipated costs. When you start taking apart walls and pulling up tiles, concealed water damage, mold, outdated plumbing, or pricey essential repairs may be revealed.
Call Square One Home Improvement for reliable bathroom and kitchen remodel professionals.
Square One Home Improvement
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577