Home Remodel Planning Tips

home remodelSo, you are considering a home remodel. Why not? Everyone wants to have an updated and better living area, right? Whether it’s including some new fancy features or reconfiguring the entire floor plan, it takes a little advance preparation and planning. However, where do you actually begin?

Right here are some reminders that will keep you on the right track for your upcoming home remodel Myrtle Beach.

  1. Establish what is wanted versus what is required – Check out all things that you want to see altered or improved once the renovation is done. After that list all things that you want to be done. This is necessary when planning your budget. If you are spending too much for the project, this list will certainly help weed out all of the unnecessary things. Having a jetted bathtub is nice in a bathroom remodel, but you need to consider if it is essential?
  2. Establish your budget & adhere to it – Identify just how much you are planning to spend and how much you have saved. Do you have to put the whole amount or just a part of the cost of the kitchen remodel on your charge card? Be sure to take into consideration the importance of seeking out other financial sources such as home improvement or home equity loan as well as a second mortgage. The Second component is trying to keep the magic number. Once you’ve figured out how much you could manage, make an effort to spend only about 80% of it. Save the remaining 20% for any of the “unforeseen” expenses. Anything not in the initial contract will be added cost. For instance, on a roofing remodel, a contractor may discover that the roof decking is not appropriate for roof shingles, and that means you may have to spend anywhere from $500 to $4000, determined by the size of the roof, plywood, as well as the labor cost. Depending on exactly what the scenarios are, maybe hundreds or possibly thousands worth of change orders. It is much better to be prepared than getting stuck in a hole.
  1. Obtain some suggestions – It’s a great idea to have a mental picture in order to define your vision to your contractor; a wonderful place to start is the web. You will find countless top quality pictures of every Myrtle Beach home remodel job that’s been done and finding the one you like most will not be a problem.
  2. Remodel strategically & plan ahead – Try to determine how much time you intend to stay in your house. If you plan to sell in a couple of years, you could wish to resist on certain remodel tasks. If you go for it, you could wind up putting your home more than the usual of properties within your local neighborhood, making it more challenging to sell. This is just something to think about, of course, if you enjoy your remodel regardless of how long you plan to stay in your home, then it is all worth it.

With potential buyers in mind, specific remodeling projects can be finished a lot more on the standard side instead of getting it done in a highly stylized manner. For instance, purple cupboards in a kitchen area remodel may only appeal to a certain kind of customer, making it to tougher to sell. You could still appreciate your upgrade, but you should consider getting it done with suppressed design choices. There are also higher returns on investment for some kinds of jobs than others. New kitchen remodels as well as bathroom remodels are usually the highest while things like the installation of a swimming pool.

So before you leap right into your next home remodel project, give some thought to these factors. These tips will not only save you time and money but also make sure that you home improvement is successful and worth every penny.

Call Square One Home Improvement if you want to work only with the experts. Our team will make sure that your property gets the makeover it deserves.

Square One Home Improvement
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843-365-3665
http://squareonesc.com

Cities Served

Conway, Loris, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Atlantic Beach, Aynor, Briarcliffe Acres, Surfside Beach, Bucksport, Forestbrook, Garden City, Little River, Red Hill, Socastee, Carolina Forest, Cherry Grove, Cool Spring, Fantasy Harbour, Gallivants Ferry, Green Sea, Longs, Pine Island, Springmaid Beach

Please follow and like us: